Don’t be Daunted by Dante! Beginners are welcome as we discuss Dante and his Divine Comedy. 100 Days of Dante Starts September 1! Enjoy this webinar replay for a helpful introduction to Dante, then read along with #100daysofdante.
One of the greatest literary works of the Medieval era (if not the greatest), Dante’s Comedy can be intimidating for beginners. The imagery is often bizarre and at times disturbing. The allusions and themes are often difficult for modern readers to grasp the first time through. Those few brave souls who attempt Inferno sometimes grow weary and don’t attempt to complete the full poem, thus abandoning themselves in a hellish unfinished story! But do not “abandon all hope, ye who enter here!”
Kristen Rudd and Wes Callihan were incredible guests in this Introduction to Dante webinar! Didn’t make it live? That’s ok! I’m bringing the video replay and the audio content direct to your screen and/or earbuds!
In this Dante-for-Beginners webinar we discuss:
- Who is Dante, when did he live, and why did he write the Divine Comedy?
- What is the Comedy’s place in literary history? –
- Why is Dante worth reading today?
- What in the world is going on here? What themes should we be looking for as we read Dante’s Comedy? (hint: LOVE)
- How can we avoid getting burned out in hell (Inferno), persevere through Purgatorio, and enjoy the full radiance of Paradiso?
- and MORE!
Prefer to listen to your content?
The audio of this conversation is available in podcast form. Just search “Homeschool Conversations with Humility and Doxology” in your podcast player of choice!
Let this be the year you begin your journey with Dante. You don’t have to read alone.